Careers & Internships
Suited for Change is Washington DC's leading nonprofit for women in transitional circumstances who are re-entering the workforce. We provide professional attire, mentoring and job-readiness education. Through our services, we help women with pathways towards financial independence.
Suited for Change is seeking a Development Intern and a Communications Intern for the Spring Semester (January 2020 - May 2020) to assist our efforts. You will work closely with the Communications and Development Manager assisting with the following:
- database administration and maintain contacts for media and outreach purposes
- content creation to expand our online presence via email newsletters and on social media platforms
- planning online fundraising campaigns
- prospect research for potential donors foundations for funding opportunities
- written narratives and pictorial content of client stories and Suited for Change's direct services
- draft correspondence language
- track and archive Suited for Change media hits
- participate in community outreach events and
- planning and logistics of the Suited for Change Annual Gala
In addition, the Development Intern and Communications Intern will answer phones and assist in other general administrative duties as needed.
To apply for this position, please email us at with your resume and cover letter.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.