Career & Internships
Suited for Change is a highly regarded Washington DC nonprofit organization founded in 1992 that equips women in need in our community on their path to financial independence by providing them with professional attire, coaching, and skills training.
Suited for Change seeks a passionate intern to join its development and program team for the Fall 2023, and Winter 2023.
This internship is a part-time position (20-30 hours a week) for 12 weeks. Qualified candidates will exhibit strategic thinking, strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, comfort with technology, a willingness to hit the ground running, and a love for fashion and women empowerment!
● Help with preparation for, and attend, Suited for Change events.
● Assist with client-scheduled appointments and work with referral partners to understand
● Assist in the creation of content across multiple platforms to drive engagement, helping to produce blog posts, articles, pictures, and written communication for social media and the website.
● Represent SFC at public-facing events.
● Answer the phone.
● Engage with clients and partners.
● Work alongside a large corps of volunteers.
● Handle clothing donations.
● Call clients to confirm appointments and update statuses in Appointment-Plus
● Student of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science.
● Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
● Strong organizational skills.
● Keen attention to detail.
● Team-first mentality.
● Working familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office and GSuite software, and other platforms necessary for accomplishing the position’s day-to-day tasks.
● Results-oriented mindset.
● Willingness to interact with clients and engage with stakeholders both online and offline.
● Additional Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
CRM, basic graphic design, and website management.
Internship positions are:
Part-time, up to 30 hours a week.
This is an unpaid internship.
In-person, 4 days a week.
Remote, 1 day a week.
Please be aware
Because we receive regular clothing donations from the public, staff regularly lift and move 20+ pounds of weight.
This office is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter with the subject line: Internship Position. Please specify the season that you are applying for.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.